Limestone column capital of the god Bes
39.5cm high and 52cm wide (15 9/16 x 20 1/2 inch.)
Egyptian, Ptolemaic Period, 332 - 30 BC.
Source: Metropolitan Museum
- Maker: Emanuel Pioté (Austrian, Vienna 1781–1865)
- Decorator: Jacob H. Köchert (Austrian, Vienna 1795–1868)
- Dated: circa 1825
- Culture: Austrian, Vienna
- Medium: steel, gold, enamel, agate, wood, leather
- Measurements: overall lenght 26 15/16 inches (68.5 cm)
- Inscription: (engraved on face of blade) Vivat / Carolus 6 / Imperator / et Rex Boh. / 1723 (with Austrian double-headed eagle crowned); (around upper rim of locket) Piote & Kochert / Jouilliers de la Cour / à Vienne
- Marking: Arms: (top of hilt) Hoyos Sprinzenstein; (on chape), Imperial arms of Austri
This richly decorated sword was made for one of the counts Hoyos-Sprinzenstein. His enameled coat of arms surmounts the lion-headed pommel. The scabbard locket is inscribed “Pioté et Köchert,” the leading Viennese jewelers of the nineteenth century.
|—||Patroclus, book 16 (via incorrectiliad)|
what happened in roughly 1870 though
why was there temporary internet
with a few people searching for pokemon?
i also bet they ship them as much as we do
They probably have a money pool going of bets on who will tell the other first and when they will admit that they love one another.
This is it. This is my 10,000th post on this website. I’ve wasted so much time here, and will continue to do so.
STOP RIGHT THERE - TUMBLR POLICE
M’am do you have any idea how fast you were reblogging?
WE SAID STOP RIGHT THERE
Randomly remembering a joke and laughing about it to yourself
This fucking duck. Gets me every time.
I woke up my cat laughing at this